- Who we are
More information about us can be found on the 'About Us' page.
- The information we collect
We collect certain basic information about you when you order products from our website. We recognise the importance of both keeping your information secure and of letting you know what we intend to do with it. We may amend our policy to reflect changes to our business, website, data protection law or other relevant legislation. We therefore ask you to revisit this page on a regular basis to ensure you are familiar with its terms. The policy sets out (1) who we are, and describes (2) the information we collect, (3) what we do with it and (4), how you can find out more.
We collect information on you from this website:
- when you complete an on-line form or order
- when you pay for the products that we provide
- when you give us additional details about yourself in your online Account
- by means of 'cookies' when you use our website
- by use of 'web beacons' embedded in our emails, and
- in the form of 'traffic data'.
If you are a supplier to us, we may also retain information about you.
- Online forms
In general, we will collect the information we need to provide you with the service to which the form relates. For example, if you place an order, we will collect your name and address, your telephone number, and your email address, and any other information which is required to process the product or service you are purchasing. Please note that we do not collect any special categories of personal data about you. This includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health and genetic and biometric data.
Where we ask for more information to help us improve our services, over and above the basic information required, your response is voluntary and you are free to not provide us with more information if you would prefer not to do so.
The cookies we use do not store any information that identifies you personally, such as by a name or address. Our website uses 'persistent cookies' which allocate a unique ID number to track your sessions. Persistent cookies remain on your hard drive until you delete them. These cookies originate from the web server hosting our website, so are 'first party' cookies.
We use the free Google Analytics Tool (see 'How Google uses data when you use our partners sites or apps www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners) to collect and analyse website statistics. Google Analytics uses persistent cookies to track data. These cookies do not collect any personally identifiable information and are only used for the statistical collection of data such as visits and page hits. Google Analytics cookies store IP addresses but we cannot link those addresses to any individual or path through the website. Google uses the cookies to read information and evaluate visitors use of the website in the form of statistical reports that we can access. The Google Analytics code is incorporated into our websites code so that our website serves the cookies, but Google has access to the cookies. You can stop being tracked by Google Analytics across all our websites by going to Googles site at http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
Our website uses Facebook Pixel to provide targeted Facebook advertising for our website. These services will be provided by Facebook. Website analytics refers to a set of tools used to collect and analyse anonymous usage information, enabling us to better understand how our website is used, This in turn, helps us to improve our website and the services offered through it. Facebook is not permitted to use the information collected on our behalf except to help us to conduct and improve our business.
- Facebook remarketing
With Facebook remarketing you may see our ads on Facebook after you have visited our website. For this to happen, Facebook uses a Custom Audience Pixel that is activated when a visitor lands on a webpage and an unique cookie is placed on their browser. Facebook lookalike audience targeting allows us to show ads on Facebook to people who are similar to those who have already visited or made a purchase from our website. To opt out of Facebook’s collection and use of information for ad targeting visit:
- How to adjust your browser settings
For more information about cookies, please see the ICO website https://ico.org.uk/for-the-public/online/cookies
- Web beacons
Webpages or HTML emails may contain an electronic file called a web beacon, which allows us to count users who have visited that page or to access certain cookies. We may include web beacons for marketing emails to determine which emails were opened (including by people to whom you forward the email) and to record whether a message was acted on. This helps us assess the effectiveness of our marketing communications and to ensure we are sending people information which they find useful. We will not know if you open an email if you do not download images when viewing one of our HTML emails, or if you choose to receive emails from us in plain text.
You cannot opt out of or refuse web beacons. However, where they are used in conjunction with cookies you can stop them by opting out of cookies. For details on how to do this, please see 'How To Adjust Your Browser Settings' above.
- Traffic data
We keep a record of traffic data which is logged automatically by the server. This includes your IP address, the website address you visited before ours, the website address you visit after leaving our website and which pages you visit on our website. We do not store or analyse this traffic data in a way that identifies any individual.
- Indirect collection of your information
Sometimes we collect personal information indirectly. This may be for HR reasons - for example, if you are related to a member of our staff and that person lists you as next of kin or gives us your details for staff administration purposes.
- Supplier information
If you are one of our suppliers, we will use information we hold on you to manage the contract between us and to improve services to our customers. The information we hold may include information about your performance in providing products to us or to our customers.
- WHAT WE DO WITH YOUR INFORMATION
- How we use it
We use your information to provide you with the products and services that you request from us, and, if you have opted-in to receive emails from us with promotional offers or information, to offer you products and services that we consider appropriate for you in the future.
We will only use your personal data for the purposes for which we originally collected it. If we need to use your personal data for a different purpose, we will contact you and set out the legal basis upon which we process your personal data.
Usually, we will process your personal data in the following circumstances:
- to fulfil our contractual obligations to you (such as processing your order);
- where you have provided your consent; or
- where it is in our (or a third party's) legitimate interests, e.g. where we have business or commercial reasons to use your personal data, unless such interests are overridden by your interests or fundamental rights or freedoms.
We do not sell, trade or rent your information to third parties. Any information received regarding the payment for any product or service will be used to process that payment. If you opt-in and choose to receive emails from us which relate to marketing information or promotional offers, the information (except any credit card details) will be kept on our marketing database and used by us to service your requirements if you place another order. Information on our marketing database is available to our marketing and administrative staff but may not be accessed by anyone else. If you do not opt-in to receive marketing information or promotional offers when you place your order, we will use the information you have given us to process your order efficiently, but we will not contact you regarding any other matter which does not directly relate to the processing and fulfilment of your order (although we will keep very limited information about you to ensure that we do not send you any marketing emails).
We will keep you on our mailing list until you ask us not to contact you further. See 'finding out more' below for details of how to opt-out of mailings from us. Please note that we use a third party system (Mailchimp) to send out our marketing emails.
- When we share it
We may disclose your information to third parties in the following circumstances:
- Suppliers who process information on our behalf, such as our IT service providers. They will have incidental access to your information but will be obliged to act only on our instructions and to keep your information secure.
- Independent suppliers, who may handle your information as our client in the course of processing one of our orders, and are required to respect and preserve the confidentiality of personal information.
- We may disclose your information to law enforcement or regulatory bodies if required to do so by them and to our auditors.
- We may also disclose your information to a third party in the context of actual or threatened legal proceedings or if otherwise required to do so by law, including to prevent fraud or to protect our rights, property, or safety of our customers, suppliers or employees.
- In the event that we sell our business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective buyer of such business or assets, or if we or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by us will be one of the transferred assets.
- With analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimization of our website.
If your personal data is provided to any third parties, you are entitled to request details of the recipients of your personal data or the categories of recipients of your personal data.
- How we keep it secure
We will keep your information secure by taking appropriate technical and organisational measures against its unauthorised or unlawful processing and against its accidental loss, destruction or damage. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our website (including payment card details); any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach, and we will notify you and any applicable supervisory authority of a breach where we are legally required to do so. We will notify the Information Commissioners Office as soon as possible, and where possible, within 72 hours of becoming aware of a personal data breach, unless we consider that the personal data breach is not notifiable.
- International transfers
In exceptional circumstances, we may need to transfer your personal data outside the UK. Whenever we transfer your personal data out of UK, we will ensure that a similar degree of protection is afforded to it by ensuring that at least one of the following safeguards is implemented:
- We transfer your personal data to countries that have been deemed to provide an adequate level of protection for personal data by the UK Government;
- One of the derogations in the GDPR applies (including if you explicitly consent to the proposed transfer); or
- We put in place a contract with the recipient of the personal data, which means that the recipient must protect the personal data to the same standards as required within the UK, and we have carried out a risk assessment of the local laws of the importing country to ensure that those same standards can be complied with.
- Data retention
We will only retain your personal data for as long as is necessary to fulfil the purposes for which we collected it, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting or reporting requirements. To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
In the event that you do not use your online account or submit an order on our website for a period of five years, then we will treat your account as expired and your personal data will be deleted.
If you have consented to receiving marketing information from us, we will continue to send you the marketing information you have consented to, unless you opt-out at any time. Our marketing emails will always contain an opt-out link which you can click on. Alternatively, you can ask us to stop sending you marketing material at any time by writing to us at email@example.com, by calling us on the telephone or by writing to us at our postal address. All of these details are in the Contact Us section.
We will always include an unsubscribe email address when we send you marketing information or promotional offers by email.
In certain circumstances we may anonymise your personal data so that it can no longer be associated with you, so that we can use this for business planning and other business uses which are in our legitimate interests. When we do this we may use such anonymised information without further notice to you.
- Finding out more
In certain circumstances, you have the following legal rights in relation to your personal data:
- To request access to your personal data that we hold (please see further below);
- To request correction of the personal data we hold about you if it is incorrect, out of date or incomplete. Please inform us about changes to your details so that we can keep our records accurate and up to date;
- To request erasure of your personal data;
- To object to processing of your personal data (please see further below);
- To request the processing of your personal data be restricted;
- To request the transfer of your personal data so that it can be transferred to you or a third party that you have chosen; and
- To request we discontinue any consent-based processing of your personal data after you withdraw that consent. This will not affect the lawfulness of any processing carried out before you withdraw your consent. If you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide certain things to you (such as details about new offers or products) and/or your online Account may not work as effectively.
You have the right to object, at any time, to the processing of your personal data which is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by us or a third party, including where we undertake any form of automated processing of your personal data, consisting of the use of personal data to evaluate certain personal aspects relating to you, such as analysing or predicting your personal preferences (this is sometimes referred to as 'profiling'). If you object to the processing, we must no longer process that personal data unless we can demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds for the processing which override your interests, rights and freedoms or that the processing is required for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims.
You also have the right, at any time, to object to the processing of your personal data for direct marketing purposes.
If you wish to exercise any of the above rights, please contact us. Please note that we may not be required to comply with your request. If this is the case, we will notify you.
Right of access to your personal data
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data. However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded or excessive (particularly where requests are repetitive). Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with your request in such circumstances.
We may need to request specific information from you in order to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data. This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask for further information in relation to your request.
We will respond to any legitimate requests within the time limits set out in the GDPR. This is generally within one (1) calendar month of receipt but occasionally, it may take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or if you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will notify you and keep you updated.
Automated decision-making takes place when an electronic system uses personal information to make a decision without human intervention. We are allowed to use automated decision-making in the following circumstances:
- where we have notified you of the decision and given you 21 days to request a reconsideration;
- where it is necessary to perform a contract with you and appropriate measures are in place to safeguard your rights; and
- in limited circumstances, with your explicit written consent and where appropriate measures are in place to safeguard your rights.
You will not be subject to decisions that will have a significant impact on you based solely on automated decision-making, unless we have a lawful basis for doing so and we have notified you.
You have the right, at any time, to make a complaint to the Information Commissioner's Office (or your local supervisory authority if you are based in the EU). We would, however, appreciate the chance to deal with your concerns before you approach the ICO or your local supervisory authority, so we would ask that you contact us initially.
Further information about data protection issues can be found on the Information Commissioners website. You can contact the ICO on 0303 123 1113 or go online to www.ico.org.uk/concerns.
If you are based in the EU, you have the right to lodge your complaint with the supervisory authority in your country of residence.
Sign up for the newsletter
Join the TGCC community and keep up to date with exclusive offers, latest arrivals & more