Free shipping on all orders over £10 (Excluding stamps)
What to Write in a Mother’s Day Card
Words can never be enough to thank mothers for all the love and sacrifices they make for their children. So, Mother’s Day is the perfect time to show your mum how much she means to you.
This means getting a nice Mother’s Day card and writing a special message expressing your love and gratitude; and if you’re struggling to come up with words, we’ve compiled a list of examples to get you started.
Mother’s Day Card Messages
- Happy Mother’s Day mama! Thank you for being the best mum ever.
- Behind every great man/woman, is an amazing mum. Happy Mother’s Day!
- Happy Mother’s Day to the best mum in the world! I’m not just saying it!
- Wishing you a relaxing Mother’s Day! It’s your day to be spoiled, mama!
Funny Mother’s Day Messages
- Happy Mother’s Day mum! I bet it feels awesome being my mum.
- I clearly love you more than all your other kids!
- What greater gift do you need than to be in my presence on this special day?
- I hope you’re off the phone today and actually doing something productive with your kids! Just joking…Happy Mother’s Day mummy!
Sweet Mother’s Day Messages for a Mother That Lives Away
- I wish I could spend the day spoiling you. I miss you, dear mama!
- I hope you have a wonderful Mother’s Day. Can’t wait to reunite with you.
- We might be apart, but there isn’t a single day I don’t think of you. I love you mum.
- Despite the distance, you’re always there to love and guide me. Thank you for being such a wonderful mother.
Mother’s Day Card Messages from Daughter
- You’re literally my entire world mum. I love you!
- You’re a treasure I want to keep forever. Happy Mother’s Day mum!
- You’re my biggest role model mama! Someday, I hope to be as strong and wise as you.
- I wouldn’t have been where I am today without you! Thank you for everything, mum!
Mother’s Day Messages from Son
- Happy Mother’s Day to the woman that wiped my bum!
- I truly consider myself to be the luckiest son ever, to have a mother like you.
- You’re my first true love! Happy Mother’s Day to the best mum ever.
- I know it took a lot of patience to raise me. So, thank you for everything!
Mother’s Day Messages from Husband/Boyfriend
- I truly look up to the way you’ve raised our kids. Happy Mother’s Day to my beautiful wife/girlfriend.
- Kudos to you, for all the patience you have as a mother. I could never!
- The journey of parenthood is hard but doing it with you makes everything seem easier. Happy Mother’s Day [name].
- Our kids are very lucky to have a mother like you. Thank you for everything you’ve done for our family.
Mother’s Day Wishes from Friends
- Watching your beautiful journey to motherhood has been inspirational. Happy Mother’s Day [name].
- You make motherhood look so easy! But today, it’s time for a well-deserved break.
- I always knew you’d make an amazing mother. Happy Mother’s Day [name]!
- The love you give your kids shines through them. They really have the best mum ever.
Mother’s Day Wishes for Mother-in-Law
- Happy Mother’s Day to my second mum!
- Thank you for raising [partner name] to be such a gentleman. You’re a great mother!
- You’re the mother I received when I married your son/daughter. Thank you for everything you’ve done for us.
- Happy Mother’s Day to the coolest mother-in-law!
Mother’s Day Messages for Grandma
- They say a grandma’s love is bigger than a mother’s love, and you’re proof of that. Happy Mother’s Day granny!
- You first raised my mum, and then helped her raise me. So, here’s a big ‘thank you’ from your favourite granddaughter/grandson.
- Happy Mother’s Day grandma! Your unconditional love has helped me become a better person. I will always cherish our time spent together.
- Happy Mother’s Day granny! Sorry you had to put up with my mum/dad for so long.
Mother’s Day Messages for Your Daughter
- Happy Mother’s Day to my beautiful daughter. I’m sure you now understand how much joy motherhood brings.
- One of my proudest moments of you has been watching you become a mother and the beautiful family you’ve created.
- You’ve brought me so much joy by giving birth to my grandchildren. Happy Mother’s Day [name].
- Time really flies by. It was only yesterday when I was holding you in my arms, and today you’ve got kids of your own.
Mother’s Day Messages for Step-mother
- Happy Mother’s Day step-mother! You may have not given birth to me, but you’ve loved me like you have.
- I will forever be grateful for your love and support over the years. It truly means a lot.
- Thank you for being part of our lives. Happy Mother’s Day!
- We may not share the same DNA, but we sure do share the same wit. Happy Mother’s Day [name].
Mother’s Day Quotes
- All I am, or ever hope to be, I owe to my angel mother. – Abraham Lincoln
- Life doesn’t come with a manual. It comes with a mother. – Unknown
- A mother’s arms are more comforting than anyone else’s. – Princess Diana
- We are born of love; Love is our mother. – Rumi
We hope you’ve found some inspiration in our Mother’s Day messages. Feel free to use these on their own or expand to add your own touch to it. If you haven’t already bought a Mother’s Day card, shop one from our collection and don’t forget to add a gift too, your mum deserves one!
The Greetings Card Company
Sign up for the newsletter
Join the TGCC community and keep up to date with exclusive offers, latest arrivals & more