What to Write in a Valentines Day Card
Valentine’s Day is often celebrated through gifts, chocolates and flowers to your other half or your loved ones. Although this is a great way of showing your love, there are other ways, such as giving a personalised Valentine’s Day card, that can make them feel even more loved.
It doesn’t only have to be about your partner or spouse, you can use this occasion to show your love and appreciation to your friends and family too.
So, if you’re thinking of penning down a note, but aren’t sure where to start, let us help you capture your feelings with our examples of Valentine’s Day messages below.
Valentine’s Day Messages
- Happy Valentine’s Day, darling!
- Happy Valentine’s Day to the love of my life.
- I love you to the moon and back! Happy Valentine’s Day babe.
- I’ll forever be grateful for your love. Happy Valentine’s Day.
- You’re my Valentine everyday, but today is extra special.
Funny Valentine’s Day Messages
- Be grateful that I love you. Happy Valentine’s Day!
- I nearly got diabetes thinking of a sweet message for you, but then I thought…it’s not worth it. Happy Valentine’s Day!
- I love you like I love my pizza. Happy Valentine’s Day!
- I guess it’s too late for a refund now? Happy Valentine’s Day!
- You’re the most irritating person I’ve ever met in my entire life, but I still love you. Happy Valentine’s Day baby.
Romantic Valentine’s Day Quotes
- Love isn’t finding the perfect person. It’s seeing an imperfect person perfectly. – Sam Keen
- You’re the brightest star, and I’m in love with who you are. – White Lines & Red Lights
- You are what I never knew I always wanted. – Fools Rush In
- I can’t see anything I don’t like about you. – Eternal Sunshine of The Spotless Mind
- To me, you are perfect. – Love Actually
Valentines Messages for Her
- You’re loved deeply every single day. Happy Valentine’s Day my love.
- Happy Valentine’s Day [name]. Thank you for being my other half.
- I never believed in love until I met you. Happy Valentine’s beautiful.
- Romeo and Juliet have nothing on us, my sweet Valentine.
- Will you be my Valentine [name]?
Valentine’s Day Messages for Girlfriend
- It’s our first Valentine’s together, I’m hoping to make it one to remember.
- Who would’ve thought, out of seven billion people in the world, we would choose each other.
- Happy Valentine’s Day to my beautiful girlfriend. With your existence, you make my life better.
- You’ve been there for me through the hardest of times, I’m forever grateful to you, my love.
- I hope to bring you as much happiness as you bring me. Happy Valentine’s Day [name].
Valentine Messages for Wife
- You were always meant to be mine. Happy Valentine’s Day to my lovely wife.
- We’ve been through thick and thin, but you’ve never left my side. Thank you for being an amazing wife.
- From best friends to lovers to now lifetime partners. You’re everything I’ve ever asked for.
- I can’t wait to celebrate our love on this special day. Happy Valentine’s Day.
- Has it really been our [enter number] Valentine’s Day together? The time has really flown by - I love you darling.
Valentine's Day Messages for Him
- Years have gone by, but my love for you has stayed the same. Happy Valentine’s Day babe.
- This Valentine’s Day is extra special to me because I get to celebrate it with the most loving person ever.
- You never fail to make me feel loved and cherished. Thank you for being you! Happy Valentine’s Day.
- Although Valentine’s Day gifts are my favourite, it’s your love for me that it’s the greatest gift of all.
- Happy Valentine’s Day babe, you’re my perfect match.
Valentine Messages for Boyfriend
- I couldn’t have asked for a better boyfriend. Happy Valentine’s Day love.
- Although we’re far away, you’re always in my thoughts. Happy Valentine’s Day babe.
- My love for you keeps increasing day by day. Happy Valentine’s Day [name].
- The protection that I feel because of you is indescribable. Thank you for loving and protecting me.
- Happy Valentine’s Day to my lovely boyfriend.
Valentine Day Messages for Husband
- I always hated this holiday until I met you. Thank you for becoming part of my life.
- You’re the perfect man for me. Happy Valentine’s Day my sweet husband.
- I have loved you since the day I laid eyes on you. Happy Valentine’s Day baby.
- We made vows to love each other every single day despite all the ups and downs. So today is just for showing you my appreciation.
- I don’t know what I’d do without you. I love you, my sweet Valentine.
Valentine’s Day Messages for Friends
- So what if we don’t have a lover? At least we have each other! Happy Valentine’s Day bestie.
- Just sending you condolences on this sad day. I know you wish you were wild and free like me!
- Just wanted to let you know that you are loved. Happy Valentine’s Day [name].
- You’re like a star. I rarely see you, but I know you’re always there. Happy Valentine’s Day my friend.
- Happy Galentine's Day to my BFF!
Valentine’s Day Messages for Family
- We don’t get to pick our family, but if I had to choose, I’d still choose you. Happy Valentine’s Day [mum, dad, brother, sister, aunt, cousin].
- I’m proud to be surrounded by such powerful women like you [mum, sister etc.] Love you!
- You’ve always been there for me when I needed you. I hope this love comes back to you in many ways this Valentine’s Day.
- Ever since you came into our family, I am eternally grateful for having you as my [mother-in-law, sister-in-law etc.]
- It’s your love that has made me into such a kind and caring person. Thank you for being the way you are [mum, dad etc].
Now that we have provided you with some inspiration as to what to write in a Valentine’s Day card for your spouse, friends or family – it’s time to find the perfect card. We have a collection of Valentine’s Day cards available in a variety of traditional, modern and funky styles. You can also shop for your gift here.
The Greetings Card Company
Sign up for the newsletter
Join the TGCC community and keep up to date with exclusive offers, latest arrivals & more